12-07-2013 08:42 PM
I have HP 6180 photosmart printer and when I replace the light Cyan with a brand new cartridge it still tells me it is empty and will not let me print at all, even in black. I have replaced many ink cartridges over the years but never had this problem.
12-07-2013 10:05 PM
Second: I have no hints or help for you.
Posting to more easily follow this thread because I had an issue like that with one of my other printers... I ended up getting rid of it and getting a new one because it was frustrating.
12-11-2013 08:22 AM
I have included a document for troubleshooting ink cartridges. Shows you how to reset the printer and clean the contacts on the cartridges.
Here is another document that provides information how to check the ink levels, calibrate the printer and clean the printhead.
Hope that helps.
I work on behalf of HP
Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)