Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Firstly, I would like for someone to confirm that the HP Photosmart 3210 All in One has wireless capabilities?  I was able to find some instructions (Using an Access Point (Router) with SecureEzSetup to Make a Wireless Connection Between the All-in-One and the Computer) that go through how to set up the (supposed) wireless connection through a router, however, once I click on "network"  under "setup" there is no "wireless setup wizard option" like the instructions say there will be.  Am I missing something here?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello BlueHornet.

Yes, your Photosmart 3210 has wireless capabilities, but you have to use an Ethernet Cable. Please reference the Manual on your printer here. On page 36, you will see step-by-step information on connecting your printer to a network.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the link to the manual and for confirming that the printer is in fact wireless capable.  The manual cleared up some things that I was not sure about.  My computer and router are not in the same room as the printer so plugging the printer into the router via ethernet isn't really practical.  Are there alternative methods for wirelessly networking the printer?

HP Recommended

Hi BlueHornet

I understand you want to know if the printer can be setup wireless.

This is a older model and going by the manual you can setup the printer by ethernet or wireless through bluetooth.

You would need the HP bt300 or HP bt400 series Bluetooth® Wireless Printer Adapter.

It is not available anymore from HP. You might be able to purchase somewhere else though.

Hope this helps.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Thank you, that is the information I was looking for. After a cursory look it does appear that both of those adapters may be hard to find, and pricey (maybe that is b/c of the limited supply - don't know) where availabe in comparison to the relative affordability of simply purchasing a new printer. Are there other BT adapters that may work with this printer, HP brand or otherwise? Really appreciate the info and help!
HP Recommended

Hi BlueHornet

We are only familiar with the ones provided by HP.

You could do a search on google to see if they have any comparison ones available. I would check out Ebay for the BT adapters. You might be able to pick one up there reasonably.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Ah, even on Ebay I was only able to find the bt 500; any chance that adapter would work with my printer?

HP Recommended

Hi BlueHornet

I found this information in the manual.

Connection information:
Your HP All-in-One comes equipped with a USB port so you can connect directly to a
computer using a USB cable. You can also connect your HP All-in-One to either a
wired or wireless network. If you insert an HP bt300 or HP bt400 series Bluetooth®
Wireless Printer Adapter into the front USB port, Bluetooth® devices such as PDAs
and camera phones can print to your HP All-in-One.
Note: In the remainder of this chapter, the HP bt300 or HP bt400 series
Bluetooth® Wireless Printer Adapter is referred to simply as an HP Bluetooth®
adapter.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.