01-28-2009 01:32 PM
02-03-2009 08:33 AM
That error message means that the printer does not recognize the toner cartridge as being a genuine HP toner cartridge.
Did you by chance change the toner cartridge just prior to the message appearing? If you did, hit the green button once, it should go away ( at least until the next time you open the top cover, or cycle the power switch).
You may also want to pull the toner cartridge out and check to make sure the "smart chip" is in place and clean. It is located on the upper right hand corner of the print cartidge.
Inside the printer, there is also a set of contact points on the ceiling of the cavity where the toner cartridge fits that corrosponds with the location of the chip. Make sure that is also clean. If that does not do make it go away, the chip might be faulty. The easiest thing to do is to try another toner cartridge.
Chances are, one of those will fix your problem.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)