Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 4510
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The printer is connected to the network. The computers are connected to the network. They are all on the smae netwrok. Every computer in the house can "see" the printer. Every time we try to add the printer the computer asks for the WPS Pin. We did not connect with a WPS pin, and in spite of what the connection wizard (both HP and windows) says it is not in the literature (I looked through EVERY scrap of paper that came with this new printer) nor is it ANYWHERE on, in, inside, or displayed on the printer. I would like to be able to print.

I have powered everything down and up (router, printer and every computer), unistalled and reinstalled the softward from the web and from the disk, ran the "troubleshoot HP installation failure - Network" trouble shooter as well as the "Print and Scan Doctor."

So...any sugestions other than returning this printer and buying a different brand?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hey @Grnknight761,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums.

I see that you are having some issues with your printer connected to your network. I can help you with that, however I am going to need to know the full name of the printer as it appears on the front label. Once I know that I will be better able to assist you.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

HP Envy 4512

HP Recommended

To connect your printer to your wireless network:

1. Click on the Wireless icon that looks like a radio tower.
  2. Press the minus button beside Settings.
  3. Scroll down to Wireless Setup Wizard and press OK.

In this menu you will be able to connect your printer to your network.

Please let me know if this resolves your issues. If it does, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

I am sorry if I was not clear in the original post. The printer is connected to the network. Every viable option has been attempted to allow computers in the network to be able to connect to it. Maybe connect is not the best term. It is connected to the network, it is just that every computer wants a WPS pin, which does not exist. I imagine the next route I will be asked to try will consist of the various troubleshooters that I have already ran, I have included a portion of the original post.

I have powered everything down and up (router, printer and every computer), uninstalled and reinstalled the software from the web and from the disk, ran the "troubleshoot HP installation failure - Network" trouble shooter as well as the "Print and Scan Doctor."WILL NOT CONNECT.jpg

HP Recommended

Computers should only be asking for WPS keys if they are trying to connect to the printer's Wireless Direct network. To disable this feature on the printer: 

1. Click on the Wireless Direct button on the printer. It should be the second icon from the left.
  2. Click on the gear.
  3. Disable Wireless Direct.

Once everything is disabled, make sure all of the devices can see the printer from Devices and Printers.

Please let me know the results after following the above.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I am trying to install a new printer. When I try putting in the WPS Pin shown on the printer it times out

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I am getting a messagge to enter a WPS Pin that is supposed to be located on my printer. There is not one.

My information is as follows:

HP Envy 4510 Series

OS - Win 10 

Windows 64 bit

I have a new computer, it finds the printer but asks for the WPS Pin

I am using a mobile hotspot.

Thanks for any assistance anyone can give me. This is so frustrating.

HP Recommended

I have the following:

HP Envy 4510 series

OS - Win 10

WPS PIN - Not located onn printer or disk

New computer

Using hotspot

(error 0X00000002)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.