01-25-2014 12:49 AM
I have the same problem - 5510 series, new genuine HP cartridges inserted (complete set) and now black ink won't print. Have tried the hard reset - any chance of the magic private reset details, please? I'd much rather try those than spend on a new printer.
02-03-2014 02:08 PM
I understand you have a Photosmart 5510 that is no longer printing black. I will certainly do my best to assist you with this.
Generally the black not printing is due to a clog on the printhead. The printhead in your particular unit is not removable but you can still follow this Fixing Ink Streaks, Faded Prints, and Other Common Print Quality Problems document as the steps within it should allow you to clear said clog (mainly the clean printhead steps).
Hope this helps, have a great day!!
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!
I work on behalf of HP
04-09-2014 08:56 AM
Just wondering are you still having this issue? Is the printer in warranty?
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)