05-19-2012 07:49 PM
My HP Photosmart Premium Web 309n had an 'Ink Cartridge Problem' per its screen. It said I had several cartridges to replace and to see the computer for details. I have a Mac OSX 10.4 on a USB connection with it. All 'the computer' said was that the cartridges failed. So... I went and bought a whole new set of (5) AUTHENTIC!! HP 564 cartridges from Staples. I followed all instructions and replaced ALL the cartridges. NOW... I have the SAME issue but have to replace ALL THE CARTRIDGES!!! I could NOT EVEN print a page with the NEW HP (authentic!!!) cartridges I just bought at premium prices! This is not a cheap printer and it seems HP can't work with HP! This 'on printer' message prevents anything else from being done with it. How absurd! Per the printers automatic update, it has all the latest updates loaded. Maybe their last update brought my printer to this state. Thanks go to HP for wasting my time and money on a product they want to have the sole right to control all consumables for!
Has anyone experienced this? It seems like the printer needs to be reset somehow. Yes, I've held the start button down and pulled the plug kind of stuff already.
05-20-2012 05:06 AM
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)