05-14-2014 01:03 PM - edited 05-14-2014 01:20 PM
All of a sudden the black ink was not printing. I replaced the 920 HP cartridge, and cleaned the printhead per the instructions. That did not work, so I bought a NEW printhead and installed it. The black ink still does not print. HELP!!! I just spend two hundred dollars on cartridges and a printhead.
Also, tried to align printer, clean cartridges, etc. None of the test pages print black ink. I also have tried several new HP 920 XL black cartridges none of those work either.
05-14-2014 04:07 PM
I just saw your message and I am sending a message to an internal particular contact for this particular issue.
07-04-2014 10:03 AM
If the printer is out of warranty one thing that might be worth a shot is soaking the printhead as described below....
1) Get a pan and put 1/2" of very hot (not boiling) water in the bottom.
2) Next remove all the ink cartridges, then remove the printhead assembly.
3) Gently put the printhead nozzles down in the water and let it soak for five minutes.
4) Remove the printhead and gently dry the electrical contacts.
5) Put the printhead back in the printer and then reinstall the ink cartridges.
Can you please let me know if this works?
12-18-2014 04:29 PM
12-19-2014 09:40 AM
I have seen a hot water flush work many times, It is of course my own personal recommendation, not one of HPs. I only suggest doing this if he printer and printhead are out of warranty. Hot Water Printhead Flush - HP Ink Series Printers with removable Printhead.
I have recommended this solution to others and have seen success, but I can not guarantee this will resolve the issue, it is an end of the line kind of effort. I hope it helps.
flushing it worked, Yeah!!!!!!! thanks for your help.
Although the printer might be out of warranty, if the issue persists, HP may be able to offer you something. Maybe they can offer you a discount on a newer model, or discuss the option of replacing the printhead! If after all of our efforts the issue remains, I suggest calling HP. If you are in Canada or US call 800 474 6836, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.
Thanks for reaching out to the HP Forums. I hope one of my recommendations resolves the issue.
Actions speak louder than words, please click the Thumbs Up below to show you like/appreciate my post or to say thanks!
Please share what worked for you with others by marking this post as solved. It only takes a second to click the Accept as Solution button.
Thanks - I work on behalf of HP
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)