Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I spent about 4 hours without success. Then I found this solution and it worked perfectly first time.
HP Recommended

the only ink working was blue. then i cleaned it a couple of times and got everything but black. installed new printhead today, thinking that was the problem. put in 4 new cartridges, even though the other 4 still had ink in them (what a waste). black still will not print.

HP Recommended
Thank you Bob_Headrick!!! I was about to toss the printer three stories into the alley until I tried soaking the assembly. Great advice! Other peeps, don't forget to run the nozzle cleaning at least twice after soaking.
HP Recommended

Soaked the print head in 1.5 " of hot water then ran cleanhead routine. Works great. Thank you Bob

HP Recommended

i have tried everything - new printer head, new ink, the soaking, resetting unit. nothing has worked at all. no black ink printing. this puppy is dead, and it's only 1 year old!

HP Recommended

@TheOldGuy wrote:

Soaked the print head in 1.5 " of hot water then ran cleanhead routine. Works great. Thank you Bob

I am glad I could help .

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

@charlieincc wrote:

i have tried everything - new printer head, new ink, the soaking, resetting unit. nothing has worked at all. no black ink printing. this puppy is dead, and it's only 1 year old!

What printer model? Are there any error messages?

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

The first error message when i installed the new printer head & tried to align it was 0xc19a0013 "Ink System has failed." Went to HP & found solution. So alignment was finally successful. 2nd error message was yesterday 0k610116ef (or 0h610116ef) cannot find it at HP site. Just very depressed. Printer is only a year old, and now i have to replace it.

HP Recommended

it's an HP Officejet 6500A E710a/E710n

HP Recommended

cleaned printer head 3 times this a.m still no black ink showing up. other colors are fine.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.