09-30-2013 12:00 PM
I am so frustrated! I've spent the past 4 hours cleaning, replacing, realigning. I installed 2 completely new sets of ink cartridges. I finally got something to work.... REBOOT. unplugged while on (not just turning printer off) and now everything is fine and no more error messages. Back to my life... haha~
09-30-2013 12:03 PM
10-06-2013 08:16 PM
I have the 6500 E709n. It was working just fine till I replaced two ink cartridges. Then it printed a picture but not the words. They were there but very,very faint. I tried the unplugging & plugging back in. Truning it off & back on. Then I get the Ink System Failure. I have not removed & cleaned the print head. It does scan & I was using that when a message came up that it could not find the printer. I checked and it was there in the control panel with the green check mark. Then, low & behold it actually printed two pages for me from the flatbed. Then the Ink System Failure notice returned. It will not print, again. I have new ink in it. I have removed them & put them back in. The vents are fine and they are in date. Do I need to remove the print head & clean it? How does the head come out? Does it just lift out or do you have to do something to get it out? Why would it print two pages and stop again? It does not make much sense to me. Please let me know what you think and what I should do. Thank You.
10-07-2013 01:40 PM
Make sure you are using in warranty HP genuine cartridges.
Also make sure that the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet.
Here is a url how to remove the printhead.
This url is for ink cartridge problems.
If the issue still persists, then call HP Tech Support for further assistance at 1-800-474-6836.
I work on behalf of HP
Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
10-07-2013 02:57 PM
I have closed this conversation to help keep the comments timely. If you have more to add or a problem of your own to post about, please start a new conversation. Click here if you want to learn more about how to start a new conversation/thread.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!
KittyK - HP Support Forums Moderator
Clicking the "Kudos star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!
When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!
Rules of Participation
08-25-2014 01:53 PM
hi i was reading the problem with the first printing problem and i have the same problem. my printing is not printing anything. the page test get out with the color print only and the rest is left black.
do you thing that the advise that you give to the other person may also work for my printing model.
i will really apreciate your help. i done evrynting and nothing working
hp deskjet 2540
08-28-2014 06:10 PM
1) Don't waste time and ink doing the cleaning method
2) Remove cartridges, printerhead, and pour alcohol on the black ink filter for about 5 minutes
3) Put the bottom of the printhead in hot water in a bowl and make sure the level is high enough to go over the printhead inlet
4) Dry and shake and clean off the electrical contacts
5) Re-insert the printhead and ink
6) Shut the top and do a hard boot (pull the cord for about 10 seconds)
7) Reconnect the cord and turn on. The printer will think your are using used ink and say yes
8) A new setup will occur and a new alignment will occur
9) If direct usb print a test page
10) If wireless the printer will for some reason not recognize it and you will have to reinstall the driver
11) It fixed all my computers after reinstalling the driver and got a nice clear "test page"
08-31-2014 01:10 PM
6500 that would not print in black, but would in colors. Would not even copy in black. After removing the printhead and letting it soak in hot water for ten minutes and trying it, it still did not work. I ran the clean progarm twice. Still did not work. Pulled the printer cartridge out again and soaked it for another ten minutes. Dried it off and ran two more clean programs. During this time I recieved several error messages, but just kept working thru them. All of the sudden it works again. I can now print in black. I hope it continues to work!
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)