Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My printer is a 5610xi  All in One.  The printing comes out most uneven.  The cartridges have been cleaned and or are new.  I'm assuming the suggestion that you gave for black ink not working is the same problem.  How do I remove the printhead assembly?

Thanks,

Carol

HP Recommended

I just want to thank you, as my printer did this exact same thing to me (black ink would not print), and your suggestion to soak it helped.  The printhead was visably clogged all around with excessive ink, so the soaking method was the only way to completely clean it.

Just so others know what I went through, after putting the cleaned (and throughly dried) printhead back in, the printer did display 'printhead problem', so I had to turn off the machine and back on.  After turning it back on, I tried to print again and it still wouldn't work.  So, I decided to clean the printhead through the machine (setup/tools/clean printhead), and it finally worked after that.  Without this post I would probably have spent alot of time and money trying to figure this out, and then would have ended up with a new machine in the end (and probably not an HP). 

Thank you so very much!

HP Recommended

Where is and how do you remove printhead

HP Recommended

I have the HPPhotosmartC4680, and the black ink is not working, will soaking it in water work as well?

HP Recommended

help!!

i have the same no printing problem. can someone tell me how to remove the print head from my HP PSC 1510?

thanks

sam

HP Recommended

I just replaced ALL ink in my HP Officejet E709n, all colors are working except the Blank...went back & got a new one and it still does not print in black...it comes out a VERY light grey which you can hardly see!  Help Please!!!

Jerry Gorney

HP Recommended

I have a 940C printer and the black ink kind of works, but it has a strange pink tinge. It sounds like you're suggesting the nozzles could be clogged, which seems possible as I've had the printer quite a long time. But how does one remove the printhead assemply???

HP Recommended

@LynnMcL wrote:

I have a 940C printer and the black ink kind of works, but it has a strange pink tinge. It sounds like you're suggesting the nozzles could be clogged, which seems possible as I've had the printer quite a long time. But how does one remove the printhead assembly???

@oldhatt wrote:

help!!

i have the same no printing problem. can someone tell me how to remove the print head from my HP PSC 1510?

thanks

sam

@cacosta04 wrote:

I have the HPPhotosmartC4680, and the black ink is not working, will soaking it in water work as well?

The three models listed above all have printheads integrated into the ink cartridge.  This thread discusses dealing with printer models that have separate ink supplies for each color and a printhead that is separate from the ink supplies.
The printhead cannot be removed from a cartridge that uses integrated printheads.  For some issues in these printers you could soak the ink cartridge in about 1" of hot water for about 10 minutes, then gently blot the printhead with a tissue.  This should leave a dark black band on the tissue.  If there is just a smudge or no strong black blot the cartridge would likely need to be replaced.  [Note - do not blot the printhead of a printer with separate ink supplies.  This printhead on these models is more fragile and can be damaged with handling.]
For the Deskjet 940 I would suspect you are printing graphics.  Even black and white graphics will use the color cartridge unless you have selected "black ink only".  If your 78 cartridge is very old and/or low on cyan and yellow it would have this issue.  

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue with a Officejet Pro K8600.. Have tried cleaning the printheads several times and replacing the cartridges but no black comes through.. Will the soaking method work?

HP Recommended

I just changed the black ink cartridge for the first time and now it does not print at all.  I have a hp officejet 4500 G510 all in one printer, was very satisfied with it untill now, only had it a month, the ink cartridge are small & pretty expensive so they should still work.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.