Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Just finished following the video exactly and the 6500 is now printing great.   it did take a while for the printer to restart after the cleaning.   it gave an error message for awhile and I shut it down several times.  I did notice some ink that I got on the thin membrane that runs through the back of the printhead (encoder?) and I cleaned that ink up.

After this cleaning,  I just left it grind away for 10 minutes or so and finally I was able to do the printhead clean up mentioned near the end of the video.  I then put new cartridges in as the old ones were close to empty.  Once it finished the printhead cleaning step, it is printing great.  

HP Recommended

YAY This has worked! Thank you for this trouble shooting advice! My fingers are black and I look like a mechanic but my printer is now working and productivity in the office can continue! Cheers 🙂 

HP Recommended

Hi, 
I just bought new HP printer (1510) and I've never had any printer from HP before

so you can probably imagine how horrified I was to find the printer is not working properly;

I had exactly same problem with black ink as people describe here!

At first my printer printed well and as usual but when I wanted to print something after just two weeks,

it didn't really work at all. I tried everything - cleaning it several times, printing loads and loads example

pages etc.  but nothing really worked. So I was really mad and it was driving me crazy. I tried to search also

for some help on internet but haven't really found anything useful, until I bumped into this forum.

THANKS so much!! I tried to soak it in the warm water and that finally helped and now it's 

working as it should. You totally saved my day! I'm posting this also just in case if there would

be someone else with the same model and problem 🙂 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.