Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I cant print as when I switch on the HP 6510 printer I get the error message 0005FBB6 and can't print etc. Happens everytime I switch on. Have removed power for a minute or so and still happens. Please help

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Sorry that you are having this issue. It seems that it may be something wrong with the ink system. 

Here is a link that may assist you with this issue. 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03081973

When you try to clean the print head, make sure you clean with lint free cloth and water. 

Let me know if this helps any. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

i just encountered the same problem yesterday. after few round of troubleshooting and finally solved it.

Let's try this.

1) if your printer show Improper shutdown.

- Click Ok to proceed.

- when you see the home screen come out. Press the power button to shut it down properly.

this is not the end of the sorry. you might still encountered the same error after proper shutdown.

I noticed it is due to wifi. so please turn off your wireless router first.

- inplug the power cord and wait for few minute, power on your printer.

- go to the tool to reset to factory setup when you see the home screen 

- turn off the printer wifi

- shut down the printer properly by pressing the power button

now turn on your wireless router

when your router is ready, power on your printer

- when printer initialisation is complete, turn on the wifi on your printer.

if the blue LED stop flashing and no more error screen. you are almost there.

- configure your printer to connect to your wireless router

that's it. i hope your problem solve. 

It is very difficult to find the solution online. so i ready hope this will benefit the HP 6510 owner.

HP, please improve the printer software quality.

HP Recommended
Thank you very much. I have this paper only after 4 days of use and was worry. So glad that your solution works. The printer is now printing...

Mine is a PhotoSmart 6520.
HP Recommended

Thank you very much. Your solution works.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, no paper issue, tried what you said about the wifi but the blue display is on , not blinking with error "0005FBB6"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.