Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Just to update MY CASE after trying this fix.

The printer still loses connectivity between 10 and 30 minutes, but now I do not have to enter the router WPA and unplug the printer every time to print something. When I want to print I go turn the printer off, and then turn it back on and it reconnects to the network every time and will take commands from both laptops and my desktop, all wireless connections. It's a pain, but I don't have any time to fiddle with it anymore. I need a real fix from HP that works before I waste any more of my time trying to rectify the issue. Both of my routers checked out and I have no connectivity issues with any of my other equipment. My ISP is Frontier. I had one of their routers go bad once and then nothing worked, they came right out and fixed it. I highly doubt that the routers are the issue.

HP Recommended

I have had the same problem since I bought the printer.  I love the features but not connecting to wifi is maddening.

I have two routers I am using as access points only with a wired router.

I noticed the printer coming online when I changed the security mode from 'WPA2 personal' to "WPA2 personal/WPA personal mixed". 

I tried everything else.

Mike

HP Recommended

This is the second printer I have had that does the same thing. Mine will lose connection when it goes into sleep mode. Have talked to Hp and got a new router two months ago. Nothing else will lose conection but the printer.

HP Recommended

Has anyone found a solution for this?  I have spent many hours on the phone with HP as well as our internet provider.  I cannot maintain a connection for more than 5 minutes.  Have to restart to gain connection.  The printer test page and wireless screen all show I am connected with excellent wireless strength.  I have setup a static ip and I see it in the router but after a few minutes when I try to print I show that I am not connected to the printer.  I have tried every solution I have seen posted but nothing seems to work.

HP Recommended

I've got the 7520 and love it but I've got similar wifi issues. It periodically drops the wifi connection but will reconnect itself most times. The wifi signal is the full five bars so it's not that.

I've done the resetting router routine and have even tried it on three sparate routers so far with, one of which was on my brothers network at his house so it was a totally different network (His Epson wireless printer has no wifi issues by the way). All my current wifi devices work without any problem (Ipad, Iphone, 2 X laptops) and it's only the HP 7520.

I've used the instructions from an earlier post to go into the hidden engineering meu and switch off the sleep mode to see if it corrects the issue.

I'll post again in a few days with an update.

HP Recommended

The printer has run for a day with the sleep mode disabled and it made no difference. It still drops wifi but does re engage after a minute or two. I've gone back to the sleep mode now.

Hopefully HP will release a firmware update to sort this issue out.

It's a shame the wifi isn't as robust as it should be because it could be such a great printer.

HP Recommended
I have a UK BT Home Hub 3.0 and having just purchased the HP 7250 it keeps loosing AirPrint and print via WiFi. It's connected to the Hub, so it tells me, yet won't print. ePrint works, but not the printing types I want or need - AirPrint and via WiFi.

Any advice...apart from send it back and buy an Epsom, as the thread seems to suggest!? Please
HP Recommended
Hi again! Before an HP expert asks about my router...I've managed to get the printer working...only before it then auto 'sleeps' and the issue occurs again. I have to delete the routers DHCP and IP from my routers home settings, then reconnect from scratch - hey presto, after I'd then set up wireless direct I could print both form mac and iPhone.

The issue i have is why is HP not admitting the sleep function is causing the loss of connection and offering a fix to the myriad of comments and threads on the matter? It's not, in my case a connectivity issue to the router...it works if I reset everything, until the blasted printer 'sleeps'...so how, Mr or Mrs HP do you recommend I fix the sleeping issue causing network disconnect, please? Can I not simply disable sleep? Seems a simple fix.
HP Recommended
About half way through this thread are directions for accessing the engineering menu and disabling sleep mode. I did it, and my 7520 is working fine.
HP Recommended

hp 7520 loses internet connection.  New.  Tryed to 7520s.  no help.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.