Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
8Lives,
Yes, I'm familiar with the page setup process. The problem occurs when I go to print the custom sized page.
HP Recommended

@MFlem, can you select the #9 env. from the Paper Size pop-up menu?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended
Out of the blue, I am receiving this error message, even though I have regular 8.5x11 paper in.

I want to copy a form that is on a single page. When I go to the 'copy' settings, it is set on the regular size paper. It prints a blank piece first, gives the error message, then tries to copy, but it comes out crooked (almost like it's on a 45-degree angle, even though the paper in the copy machine is perfectly straight). I ran an alignment test, which I know is for ink, but that page came out crooked too. What is wrong?
HP Recommended

Hey MusicalRose,

It sounds like there is something either mechanically going wrong with the paper feeder rollers or there is a small piece of paper caught in the machine.  I would advise checking for paper first.  

• Turn the printer off for safety reasons
  • Turn the printer around to the rear
  • Remove the duplexer unit and check inside the back of the printer/inside the duplexer for any pieces of paper that may be present
  • Re-install the duplexer after checking this and turn printer back on
  • Open the paper tray and remove all paper from the tray
  • Shine a flashlight down inside to make sure no paper is caught in the roller feed mechanism
  • Put paper back in tray and close tray
  • Open the front of the printer and look inside (all the way left and right) with a flashlight for any paper obstructions.  It may help to move the printhead assembly out of the way to make sure you are looking to the far sides of the printer body.
  • Also use Canned Air to blow inside the printer to knock any loose paper shreds that may be present in the unit
  • Close the printer back up

Let me know if this helps with your issue,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I am having this same error message, but I have never changed my printer off of standard 8 1/2" x 11".  It just started doing and I have never changed the paper size or type.  I checked the settings on the printer menu and they are correct.  Also, it only does this when trying to make a copy.  Scanning and printing from a PC still work fine.  Also, also, I have opened up the printer and there is nothing jammed or stuck in there at all (duplex, tray, etc.). Firmware is the latest version, CLP1CN1322CR.

HP Recommended

Hey mburg49,

It sounds like the issue you are having may be tied to a mechanical issue with the paper tray sensors in your printer.  Have you tried power cycling the printer and plugging it into a direct wall outlet?

As well, I have the steps for performing a factory reset on your printer.  I will send them to you in a private message to see if a reset can get the unit back to functioning as intended.  Please check your inbox messages.  As well, please read the Bob_Headrick thread on printer resets, found here, prior to performing these steps.

Let me know how it goes,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi Jason,

Tried everything including a reset and still having the same problem, so it is most likely a sensor in the printer itself.  On the phone with support right now waiting for the verdict.  Thanks for trying though.

HP Recommended
@ 8 lives, that's the problem. HP does not include #9 envelope as a supported option.
HP Recommended

@MFlem, take a look at this MacWorld link on printing customized envelopes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

I am using standard A4 80msg Ultra white reflex paper AND the print is misaligned on the page. Can anyone help?

I have updated software, realigned print cartridges, replace print cartridges, turned the printer off and waited at least 15 seconds to reboot.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.