Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Wow! the 50 pages procedure totally fixed my problem as well.  I was getting the out of paper message when trying to print 4x6 pictures using HP photo paper.

I had only printed 3 or 4 pages since setting up the printer and indeed it wouldn't pick up the photo paper that I had loaded into it.

I "printed" 50 pages of white and the next time I tried to print the pictures, it worked flawlessly.

Thanks,

- Jeff

HP Recommended

Just got an 8625 and was really upset it wouldn't accept my photo paper as I print lots of pics.  Tried the 50 page deal and it works perfect now.  Who woulda thought...

HP Recommended

I just encountered this problem myself.  I only wanted to print a single photo... frustraiting.  I ran 30 white sheets through and then I was able to print my photo.  I sure hope I don't have to do this every time I want to print one photo.

HP Recommended

A thousand thanks for the 50 blank photocopies tip; it worked like a charm!

I too wastedcountless hours trying to print photo paper, usually when trying to meet a deadline.  I rate it about 7 on the richter stress scale.

HP Recommended

@Phil1921 wrote:

A thousand thanks for the 50 blank photocopies tip; it worked like a charm!

I too wastedcountless hours trying to print photo paper, usually when trying to meet a deadline.  I rate it about 7 on the richter stress scale.

Its strange, there was an initial problem printing photopaper which I also spent  time with the Richter stress scale. But now I can print generic photopaper up to 210g.  Yes the 50 blank photocopies did seem to work. However at some point a bit of plastic came off the feed mechanism. Maybe it has something to do with this?  Misprinting of ordinary paper now occurs in repeated copying of the same text. 

HP Recommended

Random bits dropping off is a worry.  Can you identify the source?  Try HP phone support. The good ones can be very good but they do need details, so have them ready.

Our 8620 is a warranty replacement for an 8600 with plain paper feed problems that couldn't be rectified after extensive technical support.   That rated an 8 on the Richter Frustration Scale but HP did the right thing.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply Phil1921. I am afraid I gave the impression that the bit of plastic fell off by itself.  In truth it fell off while I was taking off or putting back the part that is inserted from the back after a paper stop. So I doubt whether there is a guarantee that covers it !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.