Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I am still having issues with the connection,  my computer is wired via the usb to the printer and it keeps shutting off and I have to use the hp print and scan program to fix it, I tried to download the update mentioned below but it is not working such that it states the update is already in the computer

I have an dell xps computer directly connected to a hp office jet pro 8710, I would greatly appreciate any assistance as this is becoming quite a frustrating endeavor and I do not know what to do to resolve it.  

Please help

thanks

HP Recommended

@krios wrote:

I am still having issues with the connection,  my computer is wired via the usb to the printer and it keeps shutting off and I have to use the hp print and scan program to fix it, I tried to download the update mentioned below but it is not working such that it states the update is already in the computer

I have an dell xps computer directly connected to a hp office jet pro 8710, I would greatly appreciate any assistance as this is becoming quite a frustrating endeavor and I do not know what to do to resolve it.  

Please help

thanks

Did you disable USB power save mode in the computer???  Try this.

http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-xp-tips/prevent-windows-from-powering-off-usb-device/

HP Recommended

I followed all the suggested steps. Set the Manual IP, Disabled SNMP, updated the firmware. Now I can't tell if it works because the yellow ink cartridge needs to be replaced and I don't want to spend money on new ink if I'm getting ready to dump the printer. I'm so frustrated; I've spend hours on this printer. Like someone previously, I'm replacing an 8610 which I loved, but quit feeding paper when it was only 13-14 months old. I'm ready to be done with HP printers.

HP Recommended

Hi WSE,  I have chekced that the firmware: WB2CN1619BR is updated on my HP OfficeJet Pro 8710, but not with the solution that the printer still goes offline after one hour.

Can anybody help me here?

Many thanks,

Ben

HP Recommended

Hi archilles23,

I went to the HP website and found that there was an firmware update released on the 12th December 2016 downloaded it, without any prompts from the computer... just updated, so I checked to see if it was updated on to the EWS (Embedded Web Server) which it has.

So I am hoping the issue might be solved after 1 hour when the printer goes to sleep and hoping it'll print.

But I have given you KUDOS for the right and correct information and discovered that there was an update release.

Many thanks,

Ben

HP Recommended

I'm happy to report that the steps I followed in this link worked. I took that chance on the yellow ink and my problems are resolved. It's just ridiculous that it took all of that to make a printer work. I purchased another brand when my college-aged son needed his own printer this semester.

HP Recommended

I tried using the link to set static IP address and it is no longer a valid page. Would like to get this resolved or I'll be returning this printer.

HP Recommended

Bad link to support info

HP Recommended

Hi All,

The FW had been updated once again, for the latest versino of FW, please

Otherwise please go to www.hp.com

1) Go to "SUPPORT" link on the top right --> select "SOFTWARE or DRIVER"

2) key in product name eg 'officejet pro 8710'

3) Look for "FIRMWARE" section --> download the latest firmware & install accordingly

For step to set IP: Set Manual IP

1. Print a network configuration report from the printer and look at the information for IPv4.
    2. Open Internet Explorer or a Chrome web browser and type the IP address into the User Request Line (URL).

An embedded web server page opens.

1. Click the Network tab at the top of the page.
    2. Click Wireless, and then click IPv4 Configuration.
    3. Click Manual IP and then click Apply.

*note: Need to have both PC and printer connected to the same network (eg: same WiFi SSID)

Hop this clarify doubts.

Although I am HP Employee andI am speaking for myself
>> "Marking" this as RESOLVE, If my post help RESOLVE your issue and help others
>> Click THUMB UP icon if you appreciate the "REPLY"
HP Recommended

Cannot find

WBP2CN1619BR

only WBP2CN1619AR when checking for updates.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.