Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks Rich,

I dont know if you noticed from my first post, that my printer is actually an L7780. But I have the exact same issue described in this thread. Will the procedure you sent work for my printer as well? Cheers.

Thank you.

Emm

HP Recommended

Hi emma23,

The proceedure is different and I appreciate you bringing that to my attention.  I did miss the earlier statement that your printer was a different model.  Sorry.  :smileyembarrassed:  I have sent the correct steps to your HP Forums in box.  

Rich1

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

Thanks for the information. I perfomed the procedure, but the issue remained. However, by chance, when I was clearing a jam; I spotted that there was a "tooth" on the rear cover (where the paper feeds over), that was out of place. I pushed it back in, and its been printing correctly since then. Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

I'm glad to hear of your succes.  Thank you for sharing your discovery.  It may be helpful to other users.  Have a nice day !

🙂

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

Could you PLEASE help me! I am trying to print off of my computer. Everything from the printer aspect works fine. But when I try to print an e-mail or document, its missing lines and words. I do not know how to fix it, and I am extremely frustrated. Any advice would be AMAZING!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

If it is the first or last line on a page, then it sounds like the same problem and Rich1 "The Master" is your man, otherwise if it is odd words or parts of lines, it sounds more like the cartridge(s)

HP Recommended

Hi I m having same problem as some of you that have already posted and evidently it can be cured by a Semi Full Reset. Instructions sent to PM address. Can someone oblige please because the issue is very frustrating.

Many Thanks

HP Recommended

I don't think I explained my problem properly.

Below is the same problem as I have posted by somebody else.

I have tried the same steps as mentioned but it seems that the only cure is a reset that somebody said they did not want to post the instructions.

If that someone could do the same for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

My printer has been working fine for 2 years, then suddenly this week..... the first line of printout is missing! The first line of any text is printed just off the top of the paper and at the bottom of the paper, there is a large gap between the last line of text and the bottom of the paper. I.e. the printed text is not aligned centrally, vertically on the paper. I have tried switching the printer off and on and also rebooting the PC, but still does the same thing. It also does this from any source of print - eg Word or IE. I have checked all the printer options and apps settings - all looks OK and everything says A4 paper for example. What could be causing this please? I am running Windows 8.  

HP Recommended

contact Rich1 in this thread - he will help with the detailed solution I am sure

HP Recommended

Rich,

I am having the same issues as Beemer65, and came across your post.  I am running the same Photosmart C310, with multiple operating sustems (different wireless computers), but currently am having problems with Windows 7, 64 bit operating system.  Would you be able to provide the semi-full reset? 

Thanks,

Jon

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.