10-06-2009 11:11 AM
without any apparent reason, when I turn on my Hp photosmart c5280 all in one, the message "refer to printer documentation" appears in the printer screen, and it can't print. In the printer manager software I can see that the black ink cartridge isn't shown, it isn't recognized by the printer. It's a original Hp cartridge, Hp 350 xl, and I always used original parts for my printer. I tried to place an old and empty cartridge in the printer in place of the black un-working one, and the old one is well recognized, in fact printer tell me that the cartridge is empty, but at least it's shown as placed.
How can it happen?? It's an error of the cartridge hardware? How can I fix the problem without buying a new expensive cartirdge?
10-10-2009 08:06 PM
10-23-2009 11:50 AM
10-23-2009 02:35 PM
It says Printing cartridges - refer to printer documentation.
I tried with a hp 350 empty cartridge, and there's no error. Then I suppose the problem is with the cartridge. Maybe the chip on the cartridge without any external reason broke?
10-23-2009 04:29 PM
10-23-2009 05:01 PM
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)