09-14-2011 01:35 PM
Hi! My C6150 printer was previously installed on my computer via usb on Windows Vista. I would like to change to wireless. I did the Wireless Wizard on the printer. It recognized the network and looks like that is OK. My computer recognizes the printer but won't print wirelessly. I have looked at a dozen help screens so cannot tell where I saw this but somewhere when I looked at the printer it had USB 1 on the line. It prints if I plug the USB back in. Do I need to uninstall the printer and reinstall it? I no longer have the CDs that came with it so how would I do that? Thanks!!!
09-14-2011 03:07 PM
When you add the printer in you PC make sure the USB cable is not connected or it will just add another instance of the USB printer.
1. Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to your network. Verify that you can access the printer's internal web page by browsing to its IP address before continuing. The IP address can be found on the Wireless Network Test from the front panel.
2. Click >> Start >> Control panel >> Printers.
3. Click the Add a printer
4. Select Local printer
5. Select Create a new port and select Standard TCP/IP Port and click Next button.
6. Under Device type, select TCP/IP Device. Under Hostname or IP address, enter the printer's IP address. Click Next.
7. Select Hewlett-Packard from the list of manufacturers and select and select your printer model. Click Next.
Select your printer model. Click Next.
8. If you are asked, use the currently installed driver.
9. It will ask for the Printer name -- enter a new name or use the existing one. This will be the name of the printer that you select from other applications.
10. You may be asked to share the printer. Choose NO.
11. The Print Test Page box appears. Go ahead and print it.
12. Click Finish.
If you need the latest software for your printer, get it from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page.
I am employed by HP