03-25-2013 01:38 PM
A CP2025 laserjet printer in the district I work in is having an issue with a error message Jam in Tray 2. When I looked at it there was no paper jam. When I filled Tray 2 to the brim and inserted the tray it began to print jobs that were waiting. Previously the paper in Tray 2 was half full.
The printer prints as long as it has above a 1/2 tray of paper.
When the machine trys to print with around a 1/2 tray of paper it makes a sound like it is trying to load paper but can not find any.
Seems to me like the roller is not lowering enough to load the tray at 1/2 full.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this issue?
03-25-2013 03:43 PM
It sounds like the paper lifting mechanism is stuck not allowing the paper stack to be high enough for the pick roller to contact. Inspect for dislodged/damaged parts looking for any parts interfering with the lifting mechanism.
Hope this helps,
Although I am an HP employee, the information conveyed in this post are my own and do not represent Hewlett Packard's position in any way.
03-25-2013 06:06 PM
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)