Question

Student
Message 1 of 4 (1,270 Views)

HP Color LaserJet CM1312nfi MFP won't print in color

I have a Color LaserJet CM1312nfi MFP printer and it is installed on a Windows 64 bit operating system.  It will no longer print in color and is advising me to replace the cyan (and other colors) using black only.  I still have 150 sheets of each color left.   What is going on?  Has anyone else had this problem and how do you correct it?

Professor
Message 2 of 4 (1,255 Views)

Re: HP Color LaserJet CM1312nfi MFP won't print in color

Hi velmerb,

The HP Color LaserJet CM1312nfi MFP is a commercial printer. I recommend posting in the forum for HP Business Support for a better chance at finding a solution.

Here is the link to the Commercial Laserjet board:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-LaserJet/bd-p/bsc-413

Also, here is a link to the support page for the HP Color LaserJet CM1312 Multifunction Printer series:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesI...

Smiley Happy If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution Smiley Happy
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (278 Views)

Today Cyan and Magenta were not printing.  Cleaning mode was No help. In the "Solving Print Quality Problems", where it said to inspect the cartridges, I noticed they seemed to be higher than the other two cartridges. Sure enough, they had somehow come unseated (printer is 5 yr old). Pressing those two cartridges down resolved the problem.

Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (165 Views)

I had the same problem of my Color LaserJet only printing in black and white, I found out that the driver in the properties of my printer was incorrect.  Once I made the change this corrected the problem... so Try this;

* Go to Device and Printers and find your printer icon

* right click and click on printer properties

* Click on the General Tab and view under "Features" and ensure that "Color" registeres as "yes"

* if this is not the case, click on the "Advanced" tab and make sure that un Driver, you ahve the "HP Color LaserJet CM1312 MFP Series PCL6

* Click OK

and you should be good to go. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation