Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (416 Views)

HP Color Laserjet CM3530 Grey Shading on whole page

Hi,

See the attached file showing the shaded background that covers the entire page.  At first I thought it was a bad toner cartridge so I replaced it with a new one.  That didn't fix the problem so the next thing I tried was to put one of the other color toners (I tried yellow) in the black toner slot and the black in the yellow slot.  This time the background shading was yellow instead of black.

It seem that whatever cartridge is in the black slot produces the shaded background.  Anyone have any suggestion as to what this might be?

Thanks for any help

Tony

Distinguished Professor
Message 2 of 4 (395 Views)

Re: HP Color Laserjet CM3530 Grey Shading on whole page

High voltage power supply or laser/scanner assembly needs to be replaced. Most times it is the laser/scanner assembly.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (385 Views)

Thanks for the response, so would this be the part your suggest?

Laser/scanner assembly kit Laser/scanner assembly CC468-67917

Thanks again,

Tony
Distinguished Professor
Message 4 of 4 (378 Views)

That is the correct part number. It is pricey at HP (600.00) but can be bought for about 200.00 refurbished. Since it is possible it could also be the high voltage ps or a very remote chance of the formatter, the first thing I would do is a NVRAM reset and firmware upgrade just to make sure none of the internal settings have become corrupt. If it still does the same thing then I would start with the laser/scanner.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation