Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Photomsart D110
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a Photosmart D110. I have been using remanufactured cartridges for some time now with no problems.  The printer was not used for some time, perhaps a month. When I went to print a color page, there was no color in the output, only black.  I figured the ink cartridge was depleted. I changed the color cartridge for a remanufactured one. Again, no color. 

I did a basic test, like a color copy from the control panel to rule out any color rendering issues generated in software.

I ran the procedure on the printer control panel, clean printhead. After doing this, I still get no color. Are there any 

other printer parts that can be cleaned to get the printer to print in color?    

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @mikemilw,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're experiencing print quality issues on your HP Photosmart D110 Printer. I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

I understand that you haven't had any issues with your printer using remanufactured cartridge's, until recently, It sounds like there could be an issue with the cartridge or the ink delivery system.

To determine if this is a hardware issue, I would use this guide: 

Note: HP recommends that you use genuine HP cartridges. HP cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of non-HP cartridges or refilled HP cartridges. If you do not use genuine HP cartridges, the following solutions might not resolve the issue.

If the issue persists and the cartridge is out of warranty, you could try the solution offered in the video below.  Please use at your own discretion.

Video: 7 Ways to Clean Blocked Clogged Ink Cartridges

If you completed all the preceding steps and your product still has an issue, service the product. 

Contacting HP for service in all countries/regions except Asia Pacific.
First, go to Check your product warranty to check your printer warranty status, and then go to Contact HP Support to find an authorized service dealer or to schedule a repair.
Repair fees might apply for out-of-warranty printers.
What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:
Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number
Case number and phone number appear.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! Smiley Happy

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @mikemilw,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're experiencing print quality issues on your HP Photosmart D110 Printer. I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

I understand that you haven't had any issues with your printer using remanufactured cartridge's, until recently, It sounds like there could be an issue with the cartridge or the ink delivery system.

To determine if this is a hardware issue, I would use this guide: 

Note: HP recommends that you use genuine HP cartridges. HP cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of non-HP cartridges or refilled HP cartridges. If you do not use genuine HP cartridges, the following solutions might not resolve the issue.

If the issue persists and the cartridge is out of warranty, you could try the solution offered in the video below.  Please use at your own discretion.

Video: 7 Ways to Clean Blocked Clogged Ink Cartridges

If you completed all the preceding steps and your product still has an issue, service the product. 

Contacting HP for service in all countries/regions except Asia Pacific.
First, go to Check your product warranty to check your printer warranty status, and then go to Contact HP Support to find an authorized service dealer or to schedule a repair.
Repair fees might apply for out-of-warranty printers.
What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:
Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number
Case number and phone number appear.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! Smiley Happy

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thanks Drakster for the help.

It turns out that the remanufactured cartridge was bad. I got a replacement and everything is working fine now.

Mike

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.