Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

At 66% on checking Network Config. a box appears that says check Network Status of Printer.  Asks to press Wireless Button and read top right of printer display and also ask if an IP address is displayed or if a message says Not connected or Wireless disabled.  My printer says Not Connected, so I selected that option and clicked next.  It then instructs me to follow the wireless set up Wizard.  When I select show settings in the software it states "unable to retreive".  The Setup Wizard on the Printer is able to find my network just fine.  Enter Passkey and Printer attempts to connect.  It then says "Invalid WPA Passphrase".  (I should state my security is set for WPA2-PSK, I didn't see a way to change the printer to WPA2, but as I said at the beginning I've had this printer on this exact setup for a few years with no problem, just woke up the other day and the wireless no longer worked).  The dialogue box asks if it connected and I selected no and clicked next.  I finished setting up without the wireless.  So, I still need to get my wireless working again.

HP Recommended

Reset the printer back to Network Defaults.  Now run the Wireless Setup Wizard from the front panel.  Status?

HP Recommended

It says Connection Error Invalid WPA Passphrase, again.  I don't know why, that is the only password I have for my router, all my wireless devices use it.

HP Recommended

Let see if you can connect with no password.

In the router disable all security on your SSID.  Now try to connect to you unsecured SSID.  Are you successful?

If yes, go back and add WPA2-AES with a password and try again.

HP Recommended

It printed when the security was off, but when I re-enabled the security I got the same message "Invaled WPA Passcode".

HP Recommended

Make and model of router???

Set router to WPA and see if it connects.

HP Recommended

It is an Aris I'm not sure of the model, it came from Time Warner.

Yes, it connected when I switched the security to WPA.  I don't get it, I've been using WPA2 for years wit this printer without a problem.

HP Recommended

Sso it always worked with that router and that printer?

HP Recommended

Yeah, I had the router and printer, the whole network for years running together for a couple of years set up that way.  I just woke up a few weeks back with no wireless connectivity to the printer suddenly. Nothing on the network had changed.  There were some storms the night before, but that was it.

HP Recommended

OK.  Reflash the firmware on the router and reset the router from scratch.

If you can not do this, this router is really a gateway device, router + modem.   This is a gateway issue now.  Either have the gateway replaced or....

The best this is to put the gateway in full bridge mode and buy your own high quality router that you have full control over and connect it up. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.