Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I recently retrieved my printer from storage and although the scanner works, nothing shows up whenever I "print" a document. Even the alignment page does not print. It seems like the ink is not even hitting the paper, so I am wondering if somehow while in storage certain parts were thrown off of alignment. I've tried taking out & putting back in the cartridges, cleaning the contact strips of the cartridges, and uninstalling & reinstalling the software, to no avail. What can I do to get it back to working? Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

How long was the printer sitting in storage? If it was sitting for several months that can cause issues with the ink drying out on the nozzles of the cartridges, which will cause the issue where no ink is coming out. You can try solution two in the document linked below to see if that will resolve the issue. It involves running the cartridge cleaning from the software on your computer. If this still fails to resolve the issue however you may need to purchase new ink.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c02455511&jumpi...

Jon-W
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I finally got the usb recognized, and the printer is installed, now it won't print, this page comes up and it says that the printer is sending windows information??

HP Recommended

Hello UtsooRita,

Please click here to run the Print and Scan Doctor diagnostic tool.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I ran  the HP Scan and Print Doctor, it says it's fixed but there is no test print page. I have to go to work now so I will check back tonight. Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello UtsooRita,

The thing about the USB connection is that you cannot plug it in before the software says to, and when your loading your drivers there is a page with the printer on one side and the computer on the other if you go past the page without a green check mark verifying connection it will not print either.

After the diagnostic says everything is okay can you print from somewhere else other than the Print and Scan doctor test page.

HP Recommended

Ok, When I get to the part where it says to connect the usb, I plug usb in, and no green light, but the "Found New Hardware" window pops up. After that runs a bit, it says no driver found, So I remove what I installed via control panel, make sure all traces of HP is deleted, and install software again, But I keep getting stalled at the usb place, I  have a newer laptop, even tried that one but same thing. It's midnight now and I'm off. I don't know what else I can do.

HP Recommended

UtsooRita,

We will get this! Have you power cycled the computer and printer with the USB plugged in since you uninstalled and reinstalled the software? When you do turn the computer on first let it boot completely up then turn on the printer. That should do it.

HP Recommended

Stubborness kicked and I've got it working. I had to reboot after I reinstalled it, 2 X, second time I got the green light, Thank you for your time and patience.

HP Recommended

Hi there

My color ink cartridge bought in March 2016 from an authorised dealer could not print after 3-4 successful prints.  My deskjet 1050 printer is already 6-7 years old. Was told that the printer needs to be replaced and that the ink dried up due to infrequent use.

What shall I do ?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.