Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp Deskjet 1510
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I do not keep my printer plugged in all the time.  Whenever I turn it on it prints a test page and then makes me scan and print the scanned page.

I want to turn this feature off.  It wastes ink and paper.

Please let me know how to do this, thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @duplica123,

I would like to see if I can help with the page that is printing from your Deskjet 1510.

It sounds like the printer is trying to complete the alignment process, and it should only repeat the process if it was unsuccessful. 

The next time the page prints, can you take a closer look at the page. Does it look like there are any missing blocks?

The alignment process needs both cartridges to contain enough ink in order to complete the process successfully. Are both of your ink cartridges full?

It's possible you may be missing a step that is needed to complete the alignment. Please confirm you have been following these steps;

1. Alignment page prints.
  2. Place the alignment page with the print side down on the right-front corner of the scanner glass. See the engraved guide next to the scanner glass for help loading the alignment page.

Figure : Place the alignment page on the scanner glass ** It's important to have it the right way on the glass

Image: Place the alignment page on the scanner glass

3. Close the scanner lid.
  4. Press the Start Copy Black button () and the Start Copy Color button () on the front panel of the printer at the same time. The printer aligns the cartridges.

You could try the steps in this document; Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 1510 and Deskjet Ink Advantage 1510 Printer Series.

Please let me know if any of these steps resolved your issue, or if there is anything else I can do to help. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks, 

midnight-anwrs
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue - it helps others find the solution later.

Don't forget to come back and click the Thumbs Up on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Thank you for the suggestion, I will try that tonight.  I am not sure if I have been following the steps correctly so I try again more carefully.

If I follow it correctly the test page won't continue to print each time I turn the printer on?

I will reply again once I follow the steps you posted.  Thank you!

HP Recommended

Ísn't it about time that HP solves this problem structurally? It happens regularly but not every time. I now just changed the colour cartridge (there is more than enough still in the black cartridge), I have tried the suggestion above (AND NEVER PRESS THE BLACK COPY AND SCAN button at the same time: that only makes a black and white copy!) - I tried suggestions given elsewhere (switch off the printer, unplug it, then scan, then switch off, wait 10 sec and then switch on) - and it does not work.

This is really a nuicance because it is a problem for many HP printers and it is a problem for already a decade.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.