11-29-2010 05:38 AM - edited 11-29-2010 05:39 AM
I have a HP Deskjet 2050 J510 Series connected to my Macbook by a USB, however the printer will not print. If I try to print a document it is sent to the printer queue but does not print. The message reads 'sending print data but does not progress. The printer is also idle.
I have followed all the steps (restarting, removing cables, removing printer, etc.) on the HP support website but it has not solved the problem. Any ideas on how to solve this issue? It is very irritating as I have only had the printer for a matter of weeks and it has been very problematic.
11-29-2010 06:51 PM
Let's reset the printing system:
- Sys Prefs, Print & Fax
- Right (control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add it. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)