Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi there..

I have a Deskjet 2050 All in One Printer, and recently it stopped printing with black ink (colors work fine). I changed the black ink cartridge but that didn't help.. Not sure what the problem is or what to do.. Please help 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I was having the same issue with my 2050 HP printer. it was printing a faded black. The issue was fixed when i changed the paper quailty to picture quality paper. NO dought that the ink will be pouring out and been wasted but it did fix the issue

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm also having the same problem, have you managed to fix it yet?

HP Recommended

Hello Jonlavik and Keeleyr2012

Have either of you tried the Print Quality article? If not I suggest doing so. The article covers many possible problems and some solutions may work for you issues as well.

Print Quality Issues

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Did either of you find a solution.  I am so frustrated as I just bought this printer and the black ink is not printing.  When I check it's levels, it says its full.

Any help would be appreciated

HP Recommended

I was having the same issue with my 2050 HP printer. it was printing a faded black. The issue was fixed when i changed the paper quailty to picture quality paper. NO dought that the ink will be pouring out and been wasted but it did fix the issue

HP Recommended

This also resolves the HP 3050 not printing blacks / greys. (Thank you @alfluna63 for the suggestion)

For others looking to resolve this: 

1. Click Start

2. Click Devices and Printers

3. Right-click on the printer and click Printing Preferences

4. Clikck the Paper Quiality tab

5. Change media to Photo Paper, Best Quality

(You can try other options for Media, but I found this was the only setting that gave me anywhere near true blacks & greys).

I hope this helps others and avoids them wasting too much time.

(HP - please FIX this stuff?! You've been making this sort off boo-boo for years with your printers!)

Chris

HP Recommended
If u can't print out data, u can go to the property and change the print with grayscale to black ink only. It works for me.
HP Recommended

Thank you! Fixed! Does seem to take a bit longer though.

HP Recommended
Why would this happen all of a sudden!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.