Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I can't get the printer to connect to the wireless network. The main problem is that the router don't have a WPS button. And i can't find any way to config the printer via the USB.

Router - Zyxel 2602HW-D1A

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Problem fixed.

1. Connect to the print own network via wifi.

2. Print out a report, to get the printers ip

3. Enter printer ip in a browser

4. Config the printer via the printer webserver, to make it connect to the right network.

5. Print out a new report, to check that it has connected to the right network.

6. Connect to normal network, and search for the printer and install drivers.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

Either load the HP software from the CD that came with the printer or get the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Driver" link at the top of this page.

Make sure your printer is NOT plugged into your computer with USB when you start the software.  It will ask you what type of connection you want, choose Wireless or Network (not USB).

Now, the software will eventually ask you to plug in a USB cable temporarily so that the computer can tell the printer about your network.  Plug the cable in only when it asks you to and remove it when it tells you to.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Problem fixed.

1. Connect to the print own network via wifi.

2. Print out a report, to get the printers ip

3. Enter printer ip in a browser

4. Config the printer via the printer webserver, to make it connect to the right network.

5. Print out a new report, to check that it has connected to the right network.

6. Connect to normal network, and search for the printer and install drivers.

HP Recommended

Thanks for posting

HP Recommended

What exactly is meant by instruction number one please?

HP Recommended

I think they mean to run the software to connect the printer to your wireless network.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

You guys need the disk it will tell you everything ok? ( i dont have it so dont ask) and please help me

Please kudos me if this helped or if you have the same problem

thank you!

HP Recommended

The disc I have doesn't support the latest Mac OS so I had to download the software off the net.

Meanwhile the software download doesn't have a wizard that connects the computer to wifi unfortunately.

It's a thinker.

HP Recommended

Huh?  When you run the HP softare make sure there is NOT a USB cable connected to the printer.  Choose Network or Wireless connection type and follow the instructions.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

That's the problem - even without a USB connected the software doesn't give me that option.

I need to do it manually some how.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.