Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hey,

It seems to be working now. At least I know how to fix it if it plays up again.

Thank you for your help and I will get back to you if it stops working in the future 😄

HP Recommended

What is the IP address that we are supposed to enter at that point?

HP Recommended

I can not down load my printer at all.

HP Recommended

Hi christinedensmo,

Download the full feature software and driver from the link below.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=5061082&task=&

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Ok, I just went through the same thing trying to set up the HP 305A printer to print from my IPAD.  Forget all the techno mumbo jumbo you will read about setting up wireless on your IPAD.  Here is what you have to do.  Because the IPAD doesn't have a CD player, you have to attach the printer to your laptop using the USB cable supplied with the printer, turn the printer on.  Put the HP CD that came with the printer in your cd drive and run the setup from the CD.  There will be a section that comes up that asks if you want to connect the printer via the USB cable or wirless.  Select Wireless.  It will then attempt to locate your wireless router.  Once it finds your wilreless router, click on it and you will have the option to put in your 10 digit network key.  finish the set up.  Go to your IPAD and click on the arrow at the top page and a dialog box will come up,  Click on print.  It will ask you to select your printer.  Click on it, then click on print.  You should then have a page or pages printing out.  The instructions that came with the printer are terrible.  They mention nothing about setting up the printer using a laptop.  I thought I could configure the prnter using the keyboard on the printer.  No way.  Horrible documentation from HP.

HP Recommended

I think I am going insane, I have tried to repair the printer issue in as many ways as i have found ideas. In avoidance to make the situation any worse, I give up please help. IP 192.168.1.1. I checked the CPD screen and it only shows my name and windows and the copyright type info. 

HP Recommended

Hi tmelville33,

Please provide additional details.

1. Problem Description
2. Printer Model
3. Operating System (including service pack revision)
4. Connection Method - USB, Hardwired LAN, Wireless?
5. Error messages - on printer screen and/or computer, any blinking light patterns.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Printing-Questions/Want-Good-Answers-Ask-Good-Questions/m-p/2094

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hi elevenmarines,

Are you still having issues printing from your printer or IPAD?

1. Operating System (including service pack revision)?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

i am having the same problems all of those people who cannot get their hp deskjet3050a-all-in-one 611 series printer to do wireless . i could for 4 months. now suddenly the other day, no more wireless even with the printer saying it is on the printe out says all the info that it is wireless ready, all things are correct, etc.   and no wireless.   and just got up one day and the printer was not showing up.  tried reinstalling so many times now. but tech person said problems with win8 caused no way to use this printer   i have win7 64 bit,  no help. cannot find the driver online.  ip address not show up on the ipconfig, says media not connected.   the cd installs and it all looks like it is going to work. and bam. it does not.   i am very angry, i wasted my money. and hp just made the e series, only drivers for that, and now has dirver for win8  and this seems like the plan, the ponzi scheme, to get us to buy a new printer. mine is 4 months old!!!

and first thing the tech said is:  oh you can buy an extended warranty now.  they change the drivers and then try and get more money from us.  what a plan they had.  so, how do i fix this problem or get my $100 back to go buy a different printer brand.

HP Recommended

Hi girltropical, 

HP designed a quick and easy tool that diagnoses and resolves many printing, scanning, and connectivity problems: The HP Print and Scan Doctor. HP recommends that you download and install the Print and Scan Doctor any time you need to troubleshoot a problem with your HP printer from the link below.

Let me know what errors you receive?

http://www.hp.com/go/tools

I am an HP employee.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.