09-09-2013 06:10 AM
Have had my HP Deskjet 3520 since Dec 2012 but of late the yellow and black printheads have given up on me.
Blue and Cyan are fine. I did the printer status report and nozzle check, cleaned the printheads but no dice.
The yellow cartridge is low but there's been no warning to change it and there's enough of the other 3.
My OS is Windows 8 :-/
Would greatly appreciate your help, thanks
09-10-2013 08:56 AM
Check if the catridges are properly vented : Solution 6 > Step 3 of this link:
Try step 4 and 5 again.
I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own.
Have a good day.
09-10-2013 09:00 AM
I am sorry to hear that the black is not printing. Do the following:
1) If the yellow cartridge is low on ink, please install a new yellow cartridge.
2) Ensure the vent on the cartridge is not clogged. See 'Step three: Make sure that the cartridges are properly vented' in the following document:
Finally, clean the printhead one more time. If the nozzles are badly clogged, then you may need multiple printhead cleanings to recover the printhead.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, then the printer might need service. If the printer is under warranty, please contact HP support for assistance.
Please mark reply as "Accept as Solution" if it solved the problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
12-04-2013 08:38 AM
Hi NSnake, just wondering if this is resolved? Is the printer in warranty?
Black not printing
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)