06-27-2013 05:50 AM
...I am trying to install my portable HP 450 printer with Windows 8 (now 8.1)
The printer duly is recognized and installed as a printer but it doesn't print.
I tried to install via the compability mode XP and Windows 7, but no success.
01-12-2014 07:16 PM
I am also having difficulties with my Hp deskjet 450. I did have it installed once on my windows 8 as a printer. I had same problem you did, error printing and would not print. Made the mistake on deleteing it to see if reinstalling would help fix the printing issue. Now I can not get it to install as a printer. Please help by letting me know what steps you took to install it as a printer. Tech support was no help. They told me that the serial no. does not exist and may not be compatible with windows 8. To me they are a joke.
If you find the answer to also getting it to print, please let me know that trick as well. Thank you
01-07-2016 10:28 AM
I think this will help:
For the HP 450 I've found a way of printing on Windows 8 & 10
Using David_882's answer at:
by Dave Truster
1. Open the Device Managerand set the view type to “Device by connection”
2. Find your Path to the Printer (eg: Standard OpenHCD USB Controller -> USB Root HUB -> HP Deskjet 450 series -> HP Printers -> HP Deskjet 450)
3. Delete the Last entry “HP Deskjet 450” and the parent entry “HP Printer”, keep the parent entry “HP Deskjet 450 Series”.
4. Select the Entry „HP Deskjet 450 series“ and click „Update Drivers“
Click “Browse my Computer for Driver Software” followed by “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”
5. Select “USB Print Support”, click next and then close.
6. Now you should have this Configuration: - There is an image showing
7. now open the Windows Printmanager, open your Printers properties, change the Drriver to “generic/text only”
8. delete the old Deskjet 450 Driver:
9. Open your printers properties again “generic/text only” select new driver, click next, click “Windows update”
Select HP / Deskjet 450 (Microsoft)
10. After applying the new driver, you can remove the generic / Text only driver. You’re done and should be able to print a test page:
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)