05-03-2010 09:48 AM
You can perform a cleaning manually as follows: with the printer turned on press and hold the power button. Now press and release the X button twice, then release the power button.
Note that it is very rare that cleaning the cartridges would ever be required and that unnecessary cleaning can shorten the life of the cartridge and the printer can be damaged by excessive cleaning.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)