01-09-2013 06:17 PM
We recently received a new computer, and tried hooking up our deskjet to the computer. But, when I look at the "Devices and Printers", the deskjet shows up as "Unspecified". I have tried all the usual things, such as right-clicking to try and set it as the base printer, but since it's unspecified it only gives me the properties, which I can do nothing with. I have also tried unplugging all the printer's cords, but that hasn't worked either. Please help!
01-09-2013 06:40 PM
I would download and install the Print Install Wizard from this link form the D1660 Product Support Page. It will provide and install the appropriate driver for you.
Let me know if this helps or not.
I am employed by HP
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)