05-21-2012 07:38 AM
Using HP Deskjet F4480. Whenever I attempt to scan, whether through image capture, preview, HP Deskjet f4400 series application, scan button on the scanner itself, I receive the same error message, as follows:
Scanner Reported an Error
The value specified in the Source Size field is invalid. Specify a value between 0 and 30000 and try the scan again.
I have changed the size on the details window, but this has never worked. I have always used the most up to date hp software via Mac's software update. I don't know what to try next. Any suggestions?
05-22-2012 01:11 PM
Download and install this: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL907
Next, download and install this: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloa
Finally, reset the printing system:
- Go to System Preferences > Print & Scan
- Right (or control) click in the rectangle listing your printers and select Reset Printing System.
WARNING - this will delete ALL of your printers!
- Select the plus sign to re-add a printer. Select the Defualt tab on the top of the window. Look for the printer, select it and wait until the "Add" button becomes available. Click it.
Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
I am employed by HP
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)