Question

Student
Message 1 of 3 (226 Views)

HP ENVY 100remanufactured Cartridge

My HP ENVY 100 printer has worked in the past with HP remanufactured cartridges, but for the first time I am getting the INK CARTRIDGE FAILURE without the ability to get beyond that message.  These are both NEW cartridges purchased at Office Depot.  Previously, if I took the cartridge out and replaced it, I could get beyond that rejection.  Apparently not this time! I cannot get past the message, "Cartridges listed above are damaged or have failed. Remove them and replace with new cartridges."  I cleaned the connections as advised and it did not solve the issue.  Any other solutions?

Highlighted
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (224 Views)

Re: HP ENVY 100remanufactured Cartridge

[ Edited ]

The document here may help resolve the issue, cleaning the cartridge contacts as shown in solution two may help.  

If not I would suggest returning the cartridge to Office Depot for a replacement.  It appears you have a defective cartridge, not unusual for third party cartridges.  See the document here for a study of third party cartridge reliability:  http://www.buyerslab.com/products/samples/HP-Inkjet-Cartridges-vs-Refilled-Cartridges.pdf

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Student
Message 3 of 3 (76 Views)

Re: HP ENVY 100remanufactured Cartridge

I have an HP Envy 100 that had a paper jam, and after clearing the paper, I now have a message that reads: "Cartridges listed above are damaged or have failed.  Remove them and replace with new cartridges. "  I replaced the colored on that was identified as being a problem with a new color cartridge.  I still have the same message on the screen (even after unplugging and resetting everything) and am stuck!  Can't get any other options to come up and can't get the machine to response in any manner.  Any suggestions on how to fix?  This printer/copier was working fine up until this!!  

JebB 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation