Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 4500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to print a PDF document of lectures slides with 6 slides per page.

All of my settings are how they have always been when I have printed this way.

The only thing I have noticed that is different, my settings are portrait and for 6 slides per page the preview is landscape. When I change to custerm 2 by 3 slides per page the preview changes to portrait. The actual setting for portrait always remains portrait though.

No matter what setting I change the number of slides too, it always prints wrong.

The slides will print in the correct format (ie 6 per page, so 2 by 3, portrait) BUT the page will come out landscape with all the slides in the top left hand corner in the portrait format, rather than covering the entire page in portrait format. See picture below:

20170327_091648.jpg

Please help!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@amanda_b

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP ENVY 4500 printer. I understand that you are finding issue in printing PDF documents in the correct size and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

• Reset the printer.
  • Click here and perform step 3 from the document.
  • Change the page sizing & handling settings.
  • When you initiate a print.
  • In the print preview page select size to fit.
  • You can refer the below picture.

Let me know how it goes.

If you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.