Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5660
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a new HP ENVY 5660 all in one printer that prints fine except any documents I print come out on a slight angle to the right on the print paper. The paper is set straight with the alighnment guides and not too tight. I checked for help in the on screen setup & tool section of printer and the manual that came with it with no results.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Leadfoot62,

Clean out assembly is a plastic cover that constrains paper shape when it travel within the printer. You can find this clean out cover by openning top ink access door. The cover is further back into the printer compared to catriage, and normally comes black in color with grey handle.

You can try to take out this cover and see if there is any debris inside the printer.

Before this paper skew happen, is there any paper jam happen beforehand? Since any broken pieces of paper inside the printer could cause the next page to be skewed.

I am an HP employee

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi Leadfoot62,

Sounds like maybe you need to align the printer.  If you go to this HP support document and scroll down to "Solution seven: Print and evaluate a Print Quality Diagnostic report, and then troubleshoot any defects" and then go to "Step 5:  Align the Printer" that will guide you through the printer alignment process on your HP Envy 5660.

HP Recommended

I did as you said and did a alighn printer procedure with the same results but a message came up on the screen alighnment unsuccessful. It said I might have to clean the ink cartriges but it is printing fine just on a slight angle to the right .

HP Recommended

Hi,

You may try to open the ink cartridge access door and make sure that the paper guide cover inside the printer is fully seated.

Regards

I am employee of HP. I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Hi, maybe you can print loading with different number of pages and compare the differences in the printout first. Thanks

I am an employee
HP Recommended

Looks like the printout is slightly skew. There is a possibility that the cleanout assembly is not properly installed. Pls try to remove the cleanout assembly and install it again. Ensure the cleanout is flatly installed. Hope this help.   

HP Recommended

I checked and it is fully seated, thanks.

HP Recommended

I will try that first thing in the morning as it's getting late here, Thanks and I will let you know the results.

HP Recommended

What exactly is the clean out assembly and how do I take it out, if this is the tray that the paper comes out on to yes it is installed properly and locks in to place when pushed in, also the pop out paper holder works fine.

HP Recommended

Hi Leadfoot62,

Clean out assembly is a plastic cover that constrains paper shape when it travel within the printer. You can find this clean out cover by openning top ink access door. The cover is further back into the printer compared to catriage, and normally comes black in color with grey handle.

You can try to take out this cover and see if there is any debris inside the printer.

Before this paper skew happen, is there any paper jam happen beforehand? Since any broken pieces of paper inside the printer could cause the next page to be skewed.

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.