Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Sunshyn2005,

Thanks for your clue.  I logoff current user and switched to Guest User account.  Then successfully download the printer+scan driver finally!  But the actual problem should not be related to user account.  Here is my find out, hopefully other users can solve this problem as well.

Negative result:

1. Use Chrome browser to access http://123.hp.com/DJ2130
  2. Download HP Easy Start as HP_Easy_Start.app.zip
  3. After download zip file, manually extract it as HP Easy Start.app
  4. Start HP Easy Start.app then continue
  5. When start to download software, it will get Cannot install software

Positive result:

1. Use Safari browser to access http://123.hp.com/DJ2130
  3. After download zip file, Safari will extract it as HP Easy Start.app automatically
  4. Start HP Easy Start.app and continue
  5. There is no problem to download software

I have no idea what is the problem exactly, but I verify few times on this discovery.

Thanks for your support.

BRs,

FingFing

HP Recommended

HP Support, this question was never answered. I have exactly the same problem.   Can you please answer the question? 

HP Recommended

Hi johnclark1229 

I did the following steps to solve the problem.  The key point is to use SAFARI to download the HP Easy Start app.  You can try on this too.

Positive result:

1. Use Safari browser to access http://123.hp.com/DJ2130
  3. After download zip file, Safari will extract it as HP Easy Start.app automatically
  4. Start HP Easy Start.app and continue
  5. There is no problem to download software

BRs,

FingFing

HP Recommended

Hey, Sunshyn

I keep trying to draw this to the attention of HP support people and get a response.

it seems HP's support scripts for Mac OS is plain wrong, and out of date. 10.11 El Capitan does not working the same as Yosemite and it seems HP is struggling ... or just not prioritising getting on top of drivers and the Mac OS support pages.

For example, you and others copy and paste

"Repair Disk Permissions

• Click on your desktop so that next to the Apple ..."

But 10.11 does not do permission repair like that any more. Same too with Software Upgrade.

I appreciate you are all offering help out of goodwill ... but it's plainly misleading and just adding frustation or confusion.

Have any of you gone back to your managers and said, "look, users are telling us 10.11 support is wrong and drivers are not working ... what is going on?".

For example, I have a P2055 which is supposed to be supported by the latest driver v.3.1 by the page, but it still does not work on 10.11 (works fine in 10.6 but one can't transfer the drivers).

Could HP please clarify what is going on and what is likely to go on, e.g. which printers are being obsoleted?

HP is going to loose customers because of this. 

Thank you

HP Recommended

I duplicated the same problem and the SAFARI solution WORKED. DO NOT USE CHROME. 

I am on OS X 10.10

HP Recommended

I've been having the same problem as the original post.  I enter the password to install the software, and immediately get the error message "The software cannot be installed. Try again later."

I have tried all the suggestions offered with not improvement. Could someone from HP please provide a solution, direct download, or authorise a return to the merchant (who will not take a return unless HP says the product is defective).

Thanks!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.