05-07-2014 09:08 PM
Display Message is: " the following ink cartridge(s) needs to be replaced: Black" I already put in the new one and it still displays the message. Why is it not reading it?
05-09-2014 12:45 PM
I understand you are being prompted to replace your black cartridge although you already have. I suggest leaving the printer on and unplugging the power cable for 1 minuter. If the message persists after you reconnect the power cable you can use the following document to troubleshoot the issue; A 'Cartridge Missing' or 'Incompatible Ink Cartridges' Error Message Displays on the Control Panel.
Although you are not seeing either of the errors mentioned in this document, the solutions offered may help to resolve the issue you are experiencing.
I hope this helps.
Actions speak louder than words, please click the Thumbs Up below to show you like/appreciate my post or to say thanks!
Please share what worked for you with others by marking this post as solved. It only takes a second to click the Accept as Solution button.
Thanks - I work on behalf of HP
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)