Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4504
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The control software for HP Envy keeps freezing, I can't get anything printed because I installed used cartridges (which are working fine though). There comes an error message saying the cartridge is not original, but then the software completely freezes, not letting me click yes or no or close it.  Then I have to restart the print spooler, then I try to print and the same problem keeps happening. This has happened many times an I can never get past the "Used or Counterfeit Cartridge" page, it always freezes at this point. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings @whatevernamewha

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are getting a "Used or Counterfeit ink cartridge Detected" message. 

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Are you using genuine HP ink?

How is the printer connected to your computer? (USB or wireless)

Recommend you to try the steps suggested in this HP Article.

If the issue persists, please contact our phone support to have the cartridge replaced. 

Please follow the procedure mentioned below to contact our phone support. 

• Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Enter Product number or select to auto detects
  • Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
  • Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.