Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can the HP Envy 4520 print legal size documents? If so, how? I can't get it to print with the paper tray open.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Amyzbann,

Thank you for writing to HP forum. I would like to try to address your problem with loading the legal size paper into HP Envy 4520.

I have found a useful reference for you through this link: https://support.hp.com/sg-en/document/c03747595.

Would you like to follow the steps and let me know the outcome?

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Best regards,

kiaora16

Please click “Kudos Thumbs Up” as an encouragement and “Accept As Solution” if this has helped solved your problem.

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help @kiaora16

I tried the directions that you referred to. They make great sense, but either I don't have a paper tray extender or I can't locate it. I wonder if it's an accessory I can buy?

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  I cannot locate any paper tray extender. I brought this printer because it said it takes legal paper. Where????

HP Recommended

Hi @staacks,

I apologized for late response. Here is a more appropriate instruction on how to load the legal size paper into HP Envy 4520. https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04709881

Loading Legal Size Paper Envy 4520.jpg

Please give it a try and let me know if you need further help.

Thank you. Once again, I apologize for the late reply into this matter.

Please click “Kudos Thumbs Up” as an encouragement and “Accept As Solution” if this has helped solved your problem.

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.