Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5660
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I have just spent over an hour on the phone with tech support trying a million different options to allow me to print. I bought this printer a week ago to print cards for my son's baptism (in 2 days) and it refuses to print on card stock. Tech support tried different drivers, printing through PDF viewer, printing through Word, printing with a multitude of different settings, from the photo tray, from the main tray, wirelessly, via USB, etc. Nothing WORKS!!!!! I need to get this done ASAP. I find it very hard to believe that this darn thing can print on photo paper but can't print on card stock of all things. Please help!!! If someone from HP sees this my case # is 3028801369. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @mirurzun,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your printing issue.

I understand that you are using an HP ENVY 5660 e-All-in-One Printer with a Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan computer and you are unable to print on card stock successfully. I would like to help with that.

I went and checked out the case created by the agent who you were working with. It mentions that the end of the document was getting printed at the top of the card stock, but when you used regular paper it printed fine. 

I referred to the HP ENVY 5660 e-All-in-One Printer (F8B04A) Specifications and found that card stock was not listed as a supported type of media which is likely why you are not able to make it work. 

If this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @mirurzun,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your printing issue.

I understand that you are using an HP ENVY 5660 e-All-in-One Printer with a Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan computer and you are unable to print on card stock successfully. I would like to help with that.

I went and checked out the case created by the agent who you were working with. It mentions that the end of the document was getting printed at the top of the card stock, but when you used regular paper it printed fine. 

I referred to the HP ENVY 5660 e-All-in-One Printer (F8B04A) Specifications and found that card stock was not listed as a supported type of media which is likely why you are not able to make it work. 

If this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Yeah, i talked to the manager at local office supply store and he told me that it won't print on cardstock. I ended up having to return the printer and bought another brand since i primarily print on cardstock. I wish the agent had just told me that on the phone.

HP Recommended

Honestly!!! The HP 5660 doesn't print on Card Stock? Well that doesn't surprise me I guess since it struggles with Photo paper too. Does this machine do anything?

I am over HP printers. In 6 years we have had 5 printers. The average lifespan is a joke. The cartridges run out after any color printing of between 7 and 15 images. Now I find out this piece of plastic won't print on card stock.

This is truly eye opening now that I have a project due Monday I cannot finish. You guys need to get with the prrogram and start building smarter technology that is not so wasteful to the environment.

HP Recommended

Honestly!!! The HP 5660 doesn't print on Card Stock? Well that doesn't surprise me I guess since it struggles with Photo paper too. Does this machine do anything?

I am over HP printers. In 6 years we have had 5 printers. The average lifespan is a joke. The cartridges run out after any color printing of between 7 and 15 images. Now I find out this piece of plastic won't print on card stock.

This is truly eye opening now that I have a project due Monday I cannot finish. You guys need to get with the prrogram and start building smarter technology that is not so wasteful to the environment.

HP Recommended

For what it's worth, although I understand that cardstock is not listed as a supported paper type, I was able to print my wedding invitations on (matte) cardstock - from one of the Wilton print-at-home kits from JoAnns - without any issue (I mean, other than the natural formatting experimentation that I think would have come with any first time printing on A5-size paper). I selected "broch - matte" as the paper type and the printer seemed to be fine with that.

Adding this because, as a DIY bride who already has a printer and already bought the invitations kit, coming across this on the internet gave me a moment of sheer panic....so if you're reading this in that situation, give it a go before totally freaking out!! Just be sure to use your test sheets first if you've got a border design; the Envy 5660 doesn't have an A9 size option so I used A5, which is slightly different and therefore required some tweaking of the design. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.