Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a P1102W which was working fine wirelessly until it wasn't.  I am using an AT&T Uverse 2Wire router and Windows Vista.  I haven't changed anything and one day the network would not recognize the wireless printer.  I have powered down (unplugged) everything and powered back up with no success. I have uninstalled and tried to reinstall the printer, and just get a message that the network was unable to connect to the printer.  The printer will work when connected with a cable, but the blue wireless indicator light just blinks and then goes off - indicating that there is no wireless signal.  All other wireless devices and printers on this network work just fine.  HP support was no help, due to the warranty having been expired 2 DAYS ago!  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi kadmiral,

Follow the steps below.

1. Uninstall the printer from the computer using the Add/Remove programs in Contol Panel.

2. Download the software and driver for your OS at the link below.

HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer Drivers

3. Follow Troubleshoot a Wi-Fi connection to an HP printer

If your wireless router does not support WiFi-Protected Setup (WPS), you can use this method to set up the product on a wireless network. Using a USB cable to transfer settings makes setting up a wireless connection easier. After the setup is complete, disconnect the USB cable.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

123 REPLIES 123
HP Recommended

Hi ktzak, 

Update the firmware to the latest version, and then try and reconnect the printer to your network. Let me know what you find out?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I was so encouraged to have a possible answer!  But I installed the firmware and tried to reinstall the printer with no success - same problem as before.  Any more suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hi ktzak, 

Lets check the hardware of the printer to see if this is what is causing the issue. To do this I will need you to install the printer wirelessly on a different computer. Let me know if you have the same issue?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.  I can't install the printer wirelessly - that's exactly the problem I am trying to resolve.  I have tried to install it wirelessly on 3 different computers (and an iphone) with no success.  It seems that the printer is not sending out a wireless signal? I was able to install it with the USB cable and it works that way,  but will not connect wirelessly.

HP Recommended

Hi klzak, 

It appears that the wireless radio has quit working on this printer. Do you have an extended warranty on this printer?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Nope.  What would it take to repair?  Is an extended warranty worth it or should I just replace the printer?

HP Recommended

Alas, the wireless radio appears to have stopped working on my P1102W printer too-- after eighteen months of (very) light use.  Oh, well.  I guess I can print using the USB cable.  Or convert it into an expensive , ugly doorstop.  But I will NEVER buy anythig from Canon again.

HP Recommended

Completely ridiculous!!!! This should not be happening to these printers already. My printer will not connect to my computer. I did not buy this printer so I could have it plugged into my computer. Im so very angry with HP right now. I figured I would get an HP because of the name and here I am a year later left with a peice of junk!!!! 

HP Recommended

I'm right there with you shannon.  I ended up getting a new printer and provided feedback to HP telling them they would never ever get any more money from me, in either an extended warranty or a new printer.  I bought a Brother wireless laserjet and, fingers crossed, it has been working great.  No more HP for me!  What made me most angry was the 2 days past warranty expiration.  Really?  2 days? and they couldn't help me?  Even when the problem had been going on for weeks  - I just didn't have the 2 hours to spend on the phone with tech support. Made me take by business elsewhere. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.