04-03-2014 05:21 PM
Printer stopped working with my Mac (OS X Version 10.9.2), it says: "The printer is not connected".
I didn't use cable, it was always air connected. I didn't change anything. Stopped working in April 2014.
04-07-2014 07:19 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I see you are using a Commercial product the HP Laserjet 400 MFP M475dw, please bear in mind my expertise is inkjet printers, however I am confident the steps listed below will have you back up and printing, take a look here:
Reset Printing System
1. Click the Apple icon, and then click System Preferences.
2. In the Hardware section, click Print & Fax. The Print & Fax dialog box opens.
3. Right-click (or Ctrl +click) in the left panel, and then click Reset printing system…
4. Click OK to confirm the reset.
5. Type the correct Name and Password.
6. Click OK to reset the printing system. The Print & Fax dialog box shows no printer selected.
Repair Disk Permissions
1. On the Dock, click Applications, and then click Utilities.
2. Double-click Disk Utility.
3. Highlight your hard drive/partition on the left (by default this is "Macintosh HD").
4. Click the Repair Disk Permissions button at the bottom of the window.
Now click on the download link here and complete the on screen instructions: HP LaserJet Pro Series Full Solution Software - OS X 10.9 Mavericks
I hope this helps, if my recommendation did not resolve your issue to get more exposure in the Commercial Forums, you can post your question here: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/
Thank you so much for your time,
I work on behalf of HP
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!