Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 7310 AOL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer turned off; can't get it back on by pushing the ON button. I checked all the electrical connections are OK. This problem started just after I replaced HP Ink Cartridge 95 tricolor. ON light indicator will not come on. Is there a hidden fuse or interlock switched I'm missing?  Any advice would be useful. Thanks, Ken Yarber

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for joining the HP Forums @Kenyarber

I understand your Officejet 7310 will no longer turn on and the 'On' indicator light will not illuminate either. 

Let's perform a hard reset. To do so, leave the printer on and unplug the power cable for 1 minute. While it is unplugged, hold down the power button on the printer for 10-15 seconds to release any built up power, then after the minute has passed, plug the printer back in. Also, even if you have been using a surge protector/power bar all this time and you feel it is not the cause, please connect it to a wall outlet just so we can eliminate the power source as the root cause.   Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector

* In this document you will see, ISSUE: Problems or issues may arise when an HP LaserJet series printer is connected to an uninterruptible power supply (UPS), a power strip, or a surge protector  < This is not limited to Laserjet printers.

I look forward to hearing back from you. If performing a hard reset, or moving the printer to a wall outlet resolve the issue, please click the Accept as Solution button below so the community can see your issue is resolved. If the issue persists, what you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

Thanks, best of luck. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Thanks for joining the HP Forums @Kenyarber

I understand your Officejet 7310 will no longer turn on and the 'On' indicator light will not illuminate either. 

Let's perform a hard reset. To do so, leave the printer on and unplug the power cable for 1 minute. While it is unplugged, hold down the power button on the printer for 10-15 seconds to release any built up power, then after the minute has passed, plug the printer back in. Also, even if you have been using a surge protector/power bar all this time and you feel it is not the cause, please connect it to a wall outlet just so we can eliminate the power source as the root cause.   Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector

* In this document you will see, ISSUE: Problems or issues may arise when an HP LaserJet series printer is connected to an uninterruptible power supply (UPS), a power strip, or a surge protector  < This is not limited to Laserjet printers.

I look forward to hearing back from you. If performing a hard reset, or moving the printer to a wall outlet resolve the issue, please click the Accept as Solution button below so the community can see your issue is resolved. If the issue persists, what you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

Thanks, best of luck. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Changing the power source (ac wall outlet) to my HP 7310 solved the problem. Apparently one of the receptacles on the power surge bar is defective.  Thanks for the advice. Ken

HP Recommended

I have a 7310 ll in one and it will no longer turn on. I have removed and reconnected all the cables to a wall power source. I have checked and replaced the fuse in the plug. What else can I try?

Thanks for your help

Crispin

HP Recommended

Very unlikely  installing the ink cartridge has caused this error. There must be an issue internally with printer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.