02-16-2011 09:34 AM
When I try to print something my Officejet 4500 gives the message to load paper even though there is paper in the tray. It seems that the paper isn't being fed into the printer even though I can hear it trying to grab a piece of paper. Any suggestions on how to correct this issue? The printer has hardly been used.
02-17-2011 06:20 AM - last edited on 02-21-2017 10:42 AM by OscarFuentes
Hi - typically this is due to a build up of dust or paper dust on the feed rollers and just requires that the rollers be cleaned. Try following the steps in this document.
Hope that helps.
I am an HP employee.
10-19-2013 08:57 AM
10-21-2013 12:39 PM - last edited on 04-20-2016 09:54 AM by OscarFuentes
The rollers inside the printer aren't a replaceable part, the printer would need to be serviced.
Here is a document to check the paper specifications
Since you have followed the full document for paper feeding issues then I would recommend to call HP Tech Support for further assistance to see what other options are available for you.
I work on behalf of HP
Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
10-21-2013 02:42 PM
Your crack support team wants $70 to offer an solution.
I was able to pix the problem on my own.
1) Clean the back rollers with a moist cloth per your website instructions
2) Wind a piece of duct tape inside out around your index finger.
3) Roll each roller upward using the duct tape to make each slightly tacky.
This solved a long-standing problem with this printer.
10-22-2015 09:53 PM
Hi, I had this problem as well. Ended up the problem was rather hard to solve. What I found :
1) the paper was hard to pass through to the upper deck even of the paper stop mechanism at the back of the tray was removed
2) the point where the shaft was attached to the encoder disk was broken and loose, making up for a weak joint, causing the shaft to slip and not turning at the gear's speed.
What I did :
1) fixed the encoder disk - shaft joint with expoxy glue
2) lightly sanded the back stop clip, the one which felt a little coarse, in order for the paper to slip easier. Turned up I overdid it, so, I went back and created some slight grooves with a knife.
Now the question : upon disassembly/re-assembly this :
fell off, and could not figure out where it goes.
Anyone has any idea?