Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello everyone.  I am having the same problem. My last HP printer wasn't compatible with my mac. After saving for MONTHS to be able to buy a new printer and trading in two old ones, I ended up with this printer, which cannot seem to feed photo paper.  I tried every way suggested on this forum, but to no avail.  What did work for me, was taping a piece of regular paper to the back of the photo paper.  Use the "roll tape" method, so that all sides of the tape are sticky, and use it to hold the two pieces together, I only needed two small pieces of tape to make it work.  I also had to take all other paper out of tray, put the taped photo paper, hit print, and that worked.  

HP - This is a serious problem.  My suggestion is for the people who don't have the option to return, however, I certainly plan on returning mine, and looking into a different brand. 

HP Recommended

For any of you who dont care how the image is aligned on the page, you can remove the duplexer from the back and run it straight in the back. Worked on the first time but the paper comes through crooked, i cut the pics to size so it doesnt matter to me. Since i got mine from costco i have plenty of time to return so i plan on using all the ink up and returning it if this issiue isnt fixed by then. my 2 cents

HP Recommended

I was having the same problem.  Was only putting in a single sheet of photo paper in the tray.  I added a few more sheets to the paper tray and it worked.

HP Recommended

Just went through same thing. Brand new printer, right out of the box will not print on any glossy paper or card stock. Tried three differend brands/weights of glossy paper and all recommended remedies. No luck. Even took a stab at tech support for this BRAND NEW PRINTER. In the end... no fix... packed up and returned to Staples.

HP Recommended

Thank you. I just bought the HP 8600 and I was having the same problem. I tried your recommendation to disable the 2nd tray and I tried to print and IT WORKED!!!!

You're a genius!!!!

HP Recommended

I know this does not help, but I have the same printer. Have used HP Advanced Photo Paper 4x6, 5x7, HP Premium 4x6, and Kodak Premium 4x6, and have not had a problem. I do not have to disable tray # 2. I have tray selection set to automatic. Tray 2 is for plain paper only. I have always set print quality to Best when printing photos. I might try Normal for a test print. I will report if it doesn't work.

HP Recommended

Worked beautifully - thank you!

HP Recommended

You sir are a genius!  I hadn't even tried to load photo paper, but I like to print my own cards on cardstock.  It was driving me crazy trying to get it to load.  Disabling the 2nd tray worked like a charm.  You saved the last bit of hair I hadn't pulled out yet. 

HP Recommended

I tried turning off tray 2 - no luck. What is so infuriating is that this worked fine. Then pics started half way down the page, then eventually would not feed at all. I want my money back. This is costing me time and money.

HP Recommended

I also have tried HP Advanced Photo paper with the 8600 and a MacBookPro and can not get it to work. My previous 8500A Premium worked fine, and I kept the photo paper in the main tray and regular paper in the extension tray. Can't do that with this new printer. I'll try the Kodak paper next and see if it works (ironic isn't it?)

Sadly we are wasting our time hoping for HP to fix this. They are not the same company they were 10-15 years ago, just speak with anybody employed by them in Fort Collins, CO.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.