Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

If you're referrring to the 8600, I know it doesn't work with Costco/ Kirkland photo paper.  I'm not sure about the others.

Although I was happy with the machine otherwise, because it didn't print on Costco paper, I finally gave up and returned it.  Instead I got an Epson printer from Costco.  Its pictures are not as good as HP 8600, alas.

HP Recommended
Thanks alot, yes it is a 8600 and I hope all will be fine.
HP Recommended

Are you clicking into preferences from your computer?  I, too, cannot print.  I have all these pictures, was pleased with the new printer and cannot print one picture from my mini-Ipad.  

HP Recommended

I followed all the suggestions and found out that the problem I  was having was mechanical. The printer was not picking up the photo paper. I believe the rollers would not catch the paper. The paper was lifted a little but would not go into the rollers until I put tape across the top of the photo paper.  Then after a while the paper just worked. I bent up the support that holds up the paper and put tape across the top of the photo paper at first. I if your printer is trying to print then it is mechanical. If it is not doing anything then it is software. I hope this helps.

HP Recommended

I solved the problem in a different manner.  I returned the printer to HP and am delighted to report that with my 8100 I don't have to worry about things that HP should have taken care of.

HP Recommended

My solution:  I returned my 8600 to Costco, and bought an Epson.  Photos aren't as good as the 8600, but at least I can print 'em!

HP Recommended

I am trying to print on Photo Supreme 61lb paper and it will not pick it up into the printer.

Regular paper is fine. Tried changing paper in the preferance tab but, still the same issue! This is my 4th HP printer, and I've never had an issue. Took back the last 8600 for same issue and the new one does the exact same thing!!!!

HP Recommended

Hello

Can you elaborate? I do not uderstand what you did...

HP Recommended
Bottom line - the printer will not print photos on 4 by 6 photo paper and on 8 by 11 photo paper. This seems to be a common problem for many owners.
HP Recommended
We, too, believe it is a mechanical problem. We will try your suggestion. I did find an iPad app to get it to work with our older HP 6500 printer.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.