Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

PRINT SETTINGS MUST BE ON PHOTO PAPER or it will not work

PHOTO PRINTING IS A MUCH FINER APPLICATION WITH MORE PRINTER HEAD MOVEMENT

The machine needs to know what you expect of it

HP Recommended

If I had read all ten pages of this subject before I had purchase my HP Officejet Pro 8600, I would have had second tho'ts.   Like everyone else, it would not pull in the photo paper.   One wise person on here stated to put a blank piece of paper on the glass and copy 100 pages (of nothing).   This is absolutely the solution.  The wheels have not had a chance to get any wear on them and will not feed the photo paper till scuffed up a bit.  I did 75 sheets and then it would draw in the stiffer photo paper.   And it was just Costco brand.....not HP or Kodak.   And you do not have to print anything,  just run plain paper thru so that it will put some wear on the rollers.   Very simple.   What is the matter that HP can't recommend that.  What a waste...and a real loss...that so many customers return their machines, when it is so simple.   Updates are not going to fix it!  It prints beautifully.   I am disappointed that it doesn't have a separate place for photo paper that my old HP did, but will purchase a second tray when I find the best deal.    Customers of this printer....give this a try and don't throw the towel in!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I am having a similar issue to the users above. 50% of the time the printer will flip the photo paper and print on the wrong side! This is wasting a lot of ink and every time I print I have to hope it wont filp the photopaper. 

HP Recommended

@jvecchi wrote:

Hi,

I am having a similar issue to the users above. 50% of the time the printer will flip the photo paper and print on the wrong side! This is wasting a lot of ink and every time I print I have to hope it wont filp the photopaper. 

Your settings are wrong in preferences. Make sure you have it set for photo paper and that print on both sides is turned off.

HP Recommended

I cannot figure out how to print a 5 x 7 photo on my hp office pro 8600.  It looks like everything is going fine ... but the last picture, instead of showing on my computer screen, the picture being printed, a new page comes up that has nothing to do with printing the picture.

What do I need to do to print a picture that's on my computer?  Looks like everything is going normally until that final page that pops up on my computer screen.....

Thanks

clipclop

HP Recommended

Hello clipclop,

Please click here and refer to page 39 for the steps to Print photos with the OfficeJet Pro 8600.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I'm not really understanding that suggestion.  Don't you think those rudimentary instructions are the place that all of us who have a problem start?

This is my 4th or 4th HP printer.  This is the first printer that has this glitch.  It will not print with Kirkland Photo paper.  That's the only paper I'm interested in using.

HP Recommended

Hello HeathCliff.

I apologize if your insulted by my suggestion I was not aware that you had already begun troubleshooting, different people come to us at different stages of the troubleshooting process.

With today's communications being done over text or chat it can be quite difficult to gauge a situation based on such a small description of a problem.

Going back over what you wrote to get a better handle on what your going through, I noticed you said a page is popping up on your computer screen, What is that page? Could you please provide screen shots of what you are seeing so I can better assist you.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi,

You may refer to the red fonted sticker pasted at the side of the input tray.

This is a good reference point for both plain and special media stacking height.:smileyhappy:

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

HP Recommended

None of the recommended tricks of verifying the photo paper quality or cleaning the rubber pick up rollers after pulling out the automatic document feeders worked for me.   I finally reached my finger inbetween the paper tray and the paper reciever and just gave the top sheet a little push.  I finally got my first photo.  I hope I do not have to do that every time.  My photo paper was 10.4 mil thinck and the weight was 255 g/m2 paper wieght and I worried that it was too heavy, but it was from Costco and said it work in most printers and even had HP printer instructions as to settings and phot paper catagory to choose from.  So I think HP may be having a problem with lining up its pick up rollers to the paper.  Maybe after a few assisted printing, mine will start pickup on its own.  It picks up plain paper just fine.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.